Start date: Saturday, July 23, 2022 (There will also be a couple hour training 1-2 weeks before the start of camp)
End date: Saturday, July 30, 2022
Hours: This is an overnight camp; hours will be full days plus overnight stay in the residential halls
The College of Architecture and Planning (CAP), in partnership with the ACE Mentor Program, will be running a week-long overnight camp for 30-36 high schoolers from all over the US. Students will participate in a design build project while exploring the fields of architecture, engineering and construction. Learn more about the camp here. CAP is seeking two counselors to oversee students during camp.
· Leading and accompanying campers on all camp activities and events, including off-campus events.
· Maintaining a safe, warm, supportive and fun environment for all students.
· Assisting campers with issues and concerns.
· Staying overnight with and supervising students in City Heights residence hall.
· Ensuring the safety of campers.
· Identify and respond to camper behavior issues.
· Know and understand all emergency procedures associated with the camp program.
· Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines associated with the camp and all program areas. This includes but is not limited to being responsible for your campers' safety and their whereabouts at all times.
· Must be able to work as a team member and the ability to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision.
· Must have strong organizational and communication skills.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
· Organized, Time Management Skills, Multi-Tasking Skills, Energetic, Adaptable.
· Education classes or experience leading camp, youth programs, recreation, or working with youth in a related field.
· Have completed at least 24 credit hours at the baccalaureate level.
· Be a degree-seeking CU Denver student, enrolled in courses at Downtown Denver Campus for Fall 2022. College of Architecture and Planning students are preferred, but not required.
· Have good communication skills.
· Work-study preferred, but not required.
Pay and Benefits:
· Stipend of $1,050 for the week.
· Lodging and food provided for the week.
· Entry to camp activities such as bowling, Elitches, Meow Wolf, etc.